More and more people are turning to the internet to research buying or selling a home. A National Association of Realtors study indicates that almost 90% of real estate buyers started on the internet. It is easy for home buyers to look at property for sale over the internet. The internet is changing the real estate industry.
The value of the internet for Realtors will vary according to each market. Here in Sarasota, Florida the internet works realtor email database well for real estate agents because we have a lot of people buying second homes. Most of those people will start their search on the internet. Making six figures will be difficult in a small, rural market where the internet is not that widely used to find homes for sale.
This biggest challenge to a Realtor is finding clients to work with. There are many ways to find clients – internet, farming a neighborhood, social clubs, direct mail, open houses, door knocking, friends and relatives, etc. I have seen successful Realtors use any and all of these sources of business. There is no one formula for success, there are many. Find out what works best for you. I am not saying that getting business from the internet is the best focus for a Realtor. The highest producing real estate agents in any market are not the ones who focus solely on the internet.
Benefits of using the internet to get business
- This is a passive form of sales. You put your message out on the internet and people hopefully will contact you. It does not require you to knock on doors or cold call.
- There are a lot of people using the internet to find homes. This is how it works now and I don’t believe it will change. It is realtor email database so easy for a person to hop on the computer and see real esta realtor email databasete for sale within seconds. With new technology it will get easier and easier for home buyers.
- If you have a website that ranks well in the search engines you will receive a lot of leads. Most of them will be buyer leads.
- You can get leads via email while you are out doing other things.
The negatives of using the internet to get business
- Most people who use the internet are typically very early in the buying or selling stage. This requires a great follow up program. Most buyers will start on the internet 6-8 months before actually buying. The internet prospects rarely lead to an immediate sale.
- Loyalty is a problem. People surfing the internet have so many choices. There are so many Realtor websites out there that most buyers are not loyal. Since they do not have a previous relationship with you then why would they be loyal? It is not a fault of the buyer. That is just the nature of getting new business. This is not just a problem with internet clients but all new clients.
- You meet a lot of tire kickers or people who want free information. This happens with other lead sources as well.
- Building a website that ranks well in the search engines is extremely time consuming. It is getting tougher everyday getting a good ranking in the major search engines. You won’t rank well and stay there. It is an realtor email database ongoing task. Be prepared to do some work.
- You are at the mercy of the search engines. Most people won’t find your site unless you are on page 1 or 2. I recently was #1 for numerous search results on Google. In November of 2005 Google changed their algorithm. I lost most of those #1 results.
Pick your own domain name
Get your own domain name. Don’t be cheap and use one of those free subdomains. That will cause problems when trying to rank well in the search engines.
Pick a website provider
There are so many website providers out there. You can go with a custom (more expensive) website or template website. If you don’t want to work on the site yourself be prepared to spend some money. Your site needs work so you can do it or you can hire someone else to do it.
Do some homework and preferably get a referral from another Realtor on who to choose. Some of the more popular template real estate website providers are: Alamode, Advanced Access, Point2
I personally use Real Estate Webmasters for my websites. Their websites are very search engine friendly.
If you want a website like no other have it built specifically for you. It costs more money but could be worth it. I have seen many top ranking sites use these and other website providers.
Make your website sticky
Alright, so you created your own domain name and started a website. You either have a custom kick butt original website or a template site. You can make money from both of them. Now, you need to make it sticky. That means when people visit your site you want them to stay there.
Realtors are great demographic for many local business owners to market to. Whether you are a construction company, plumber, home inspector, house cleaner, or a business offering other goods and services, you can make thousands more per month by marketing your services using a realtor database. These databases can be targeted to meet certain criteria, and can help you market your services in a cost effective way.
Target Local Area Realtors
It has never been easier to contact and promote your company to area real estate agents than with a realtor database. The leads you receive can easily be fed into an email, fax, or phone delivery system and can be automated to produce results on their own. You will essentially do none of the work, but will reap every one of the benefits. Imagine the profits that can be gained when you have local companies calling and bidding for your services.