To simplify internet marketing, one needs to know by heart a list of key words or phrases. This is because while online marketing can be easily set-up, it may sound complicated at times because of the jargon used in the industry.
You may have heard them before – words like blogging, RSS feeds, lead generation, pay per click advertising and search engine optimization. Simplify internet marketing and boost your virtual business with this handy list of commonly seen phrases.
1. SEO. Search engine optimization is just that – optimizing your web pages for the search engines. It primarily involves the use of keywords for your content. This entails keyword research using tools suck as WordTracker. It also entails link building, article marketing and social media marketing.
2. Social Media Marketing — How does one market through the social media? You can do so with the use of social networking sites such as Facebook or Multiply — sites which allow easy discussion and sharing cio email list of information about products. Other notable examples of such sites are Hubpages, Squidoo, Deli.cio.us, etc. A lot of people use the social network and you can easily sign up for an account for free. Setup your company’s page and start posting content.
3. PPA — Pay per Action is the system of paying for website promotion. It can either be Pay per Click, Pay per Lead or Pay per Sale. With PPC, you get exposure via big the engines of big networks like Google. With Pay per Lead, you have to pay for every lead generated through inclusion in email list or for other lead generation strategies. Before you commit yourself to a paid advertisement program, check out the details of the terms and condition in the Affiliate Agreement.
4. Lead Generation — Every potential customer is a lead. The internet marketer generates ‘leads’ through search engine optimization and list building. You may have noticed that sometimes, lead generation is used interchangeably with list building; but the fact is that the latter is merely an aspect of lead generation.
List building involves creating an opt-in list of subscribers that would potentially generate targeted traffic.
5. Viral Marketing — Since going viral means spreading something at an exponential rate, it involves the formulation of a marketing strategy so buzz-worthy that one can’t help but pass the information along, or discuss the product in such a way that majority of the internet community couldn’t help but wonder what everyone else is talking about. This may include viral videos, link bait articles and contests.
Learning these basics can simplify internet marketing for the newbie. This may not be the definitive guide to online moneymaking but just as in the non-virtual setting, a little business knowledge goes a long way.